Our tailings storage facilities are designed and built to a rigorous set of standards and carefully managed and monitored through a team of internal specialists and independent external experts.
You matter & you belong!
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with operations, projects and exploration activities in 10 countries on four continents. These sites employ over 20,000 people – people with identities that are so diverse they are almost impossible to qualify or quantify.
Tailings and waste
Modern Slavery Report
Diversity & inclusion
You matter & you belong!
Market prices Data tools
2020 Reporting suite ARCHIVE
- 2020 Online AngloGold Ashanti Suite of Reports www
- 2020 Integrated Report pdf
- Three-year summary statistics 2020 (financial, operational and sustainability) pdf
- 2020 Sustainability Report pdf
- 2020 ESG and Sustainability Data Workbook www
- Modern Slavery Statement 2020 pdf
- 2020 Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve Report pdf
- A maiden Mineral Resource was declared for Butcher well near Sunrise Dam pdf , 805.5kb
- 2020 Annual Financial Statements pdf
- 2020 Notice of Annual General Meeting pdf
- Form of Proxy pdf
- GhDS Voting Instruction Form pdf
- CDI Voting Instruction Form pdf
- 2020 Form 20-F (XBRL format) www , 3.7mb
- 2020 Form 20-F pdf , 5.9mb
Quarterly results ARCHIVE
- Interim 2021 - Results webcast www
- Interim 2021 - Results conference call www
- AngloGold Ashanti Cuts Adjusted Net Debt by 41%, Advances Reinvestment Projects pdf , 224.6kb
- Interim 2021 - Results report pdf , 470.9kb
- Interim 2021 - Short form announcement pdf , 265.5kb
- Interim 2021- Results Presentation pdf , 7.1mb
- Interim 2021 - Supplementary report pdf , 921.1kb
- Interim 2021 - Supplementary report xls , 520.5kb
- Interim 2021 - Summary of operations pdf , 523.3kb
- Interim 2021 - Operations at a glance xls , 36.3kb
- Interim 2021 - Exploration update pdf , 155.9kb
2020 ESG performance ESG Transparency hub
25.54PJ (Efficiency: 0.37GJ/tonne treated)
GHG (CO2e) emissions
2,337kt (Efficiency: 33kg/tonnes treated)
47,405ML (Efficiency: 0.68kL/tonne treated)
Land under management
Reportable environmental incidents
People employed on average
36,952 (includes contractors)
Salaries, wages and other benefits
Training and development
$2.12bn 82% of total procurement spend of $2.58bn
Total current taxes paid
Royalties and other taxes paid
Taxes paid on behalf of employees
94% of sites certified
88% of sites certified
Security and human rights
No VPSHR incidents or allegations
The world of AngloGold Ashanti Corporate profile
AngloGold Ashanti, with its head office in South Africa, is an independent, global gold mining company with a diverse, high-quality portfolio of operations, projects and exploration activities across nine countries on four continents. While gold is our principal product, we also produce silver (Argentina) and sulphuric acid (Brazil) as byproducts. In Colombia, feasibility studies are currently underway at two of our projects, one of which will produce both gold and copper.
AGA Mineração, Brazil
AGA Mineração, in the state of Minas Gerais, comprises the Cuiabá complex and the Córrego do Sítio mining operation and the Cuiabá and Queroz gold plants.
Cerro Vanguardia, Argentina
Located in the province of Santa Cruz, Cerro Vanguardia operates multiple small open pits with high stripping ratios and multiple narrow-vein underground mines that produce gold with silver as a by-product.
Geita, one of AngloGold Ashanti’s flagship mines, is located in north-western Tanzania, in the Lake Victoria goldfields of the Mwanza region, about 120km from Mwanza and 4km west of the town of Geita.
The Gramalote project, a joint venture between AngloGold Ashanti (50%) and B2Gold (50%), is located near the towns of Providencia and San Jose del Nus within the municipality of San Roque, in the northwest of the Department of Antioquia.
Head office, Johannesburg
AngloGold Ashanti's corporate offices are in Johannesburg
Tel: + 27 (0) 11 637 6000
76 Rahima Moosa Street
Iduapriem, an open-pit mine comprising the Iduapriem and Teberebie properties and the Ajopa South West concession, is located in the western region of Ghana.
Kibali, one of the largest gold mines of its kind in Africa, is situated in the DRC, adjacent to the town of Doko and 210km from Arua on the Ugandan border.
La Colosa, Colombia
The La Colosa project is located approximately 150km west of Bogota Colombia in Tolima Department. The project is 100% owned and managed by AngloGold Ashanti and has been voluntarily suspended, since 2017, due to force majeure recognised by the national mining authority.
Obuasi, an underground operation mining to a depth of 1,500m, is located in the Ashanti region, approximately 60km south of Kumasi.
The Quebradona project is situated in the Middle Cáuca region of Colombia, in the Department of Antioquia, 60km southwest of Medellín within the Municipality of Jericó. The project is 100% owned and managed by AngloGold Ashanti.
Serra Grande, Brazil
Serra Grande, comprising three underground mines and an open-pit, is located in central Brazil in the state of Goiás, about 5km from the city of Crixás.
Siguiri is a multiple open pit gold mine in the relatively remote district of Siguiri, around 850km northeast of the country’s capital, Conakry.
Sunrise Dam, Australia
Sunrise Dam is an underground and open pit operation located 220km northeast of Kalgoorlie and 55km south of Laverton.
Tropicana is comprised of a number of open pits and an underground mine located 200km east of Sunrise Dam and 330km east-northeast of Kalgoorlie.