Interim results 2022
AngloGold Ashanti published its interim results for the six-month period ended 30 June 2022 on 5 August 2022. A webcast and conference call was held at 15h00 CAT to review and discuss the company's performance for the period.
Conference call replay:
- South Africa: 010 500 4108
- UK: 0 203 608 8021
- Australia: 073 911 1378
- USA: 1 412 317 0088
- International: +27 10 500 4108
- Replay Access Code: 42729
The playback facility will be available until August 10, 2022
Modern Slavery Statement 2021
AngloGold Ashanti has published its second Modern Slavery Statement. This report demonstrates the strengthening of our long-standing commitment to respecting human rights, and the efforts we are taking to understand, prevent and eliminate any modern slavery risks that might exist in our business.
Interim results 2022
ESG transparency hub
Market prices Data tools
Latest news ARCHIVE
2021 Reporting suite ARCHIVE
- Online reporting suite 2021 www
- Integrated Report 2021 pdf
- Sustainability Report 2021 pdf
- Modern Slavery Statement 2021 pdf
- Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve 2021 pdf
- ESG & sustainability data workbook 2021 www
- Measurement criteria and reporting definitions pdf
- AngloGold Ashanti announces a maiden Mineral Resource at the Silicon Project in Nevada and Advancement of the Project to Pre-Feasibility pdf , 2.3mb
- Annual Financial Statements 2021 pdf
- Notice of Meeting 2021 pdf
- Form of Proxy pdf
- CDI Voting Instruction Form pdf
- GhDS Voting Instruction Form pdf
- 2021 Form 20-F pdf , 13.4mb
- 2021 Form 20-F (XBRL format) www , 8.5mb
- Conflict-Free Gold Report 2021 pdf , 161.5kb
Quarterly results ARCHIVE
- Highlights of the 2022 interim results www
- Interim 2022 - Results webcast www
- Interim 2022 - Conference call www
- Interim 2022 - Results Report pdf , 3.3mb
- Interim 2022 - Short form announcement pdf , 264kb
- Interim 2022 - Results Presentation pdf , 1.8mb
- Interim 2022 - Supplementary report to shareholders pdf , 864.6kb
- Interim 2022 - Supplementary report to shareholders xls , 1mb
- Interim 2022 - Summary of operations pdf , 656.3kb
- Interim 2022 - Operations at a glance xls , 37.7kb
2021 ESG performance ESG Transparency hub
Reportable environmental incidents
GHG (CO2e) emissions
(Efficiency: 31kg/tonnes treated)
67% (Efficiency: 0.75kL/tonne treated)
(Efficiency: 0.5GJ/tonne treated)
Gender diversity: Average
representation by women
Key talent retention:
All injury frequency rate
2.14 per million hours worked
Number of business disruptions due to community unrest
Maiden Climate Change Report and Modern Slavery Statement published in 2021 together with a Human Rights Report
AngloGold Ashanti is included in the following ESG indices
Bloomberg: Gender-Equality Index, Responsible Mining Index, S&P Global
Total current taxes paid
* includes normal taxation and withholding taxation on dividends paid per jurisdiction
The world of AngloGold Ashanti Corporate profile
AngloGold Ashanti, is an independent, global gold mining company with a diverse, high-quality portfolio of operations, projects and exploration activities across nine countries on four continents. While gold is our principal product, we also produce silver (Argentina) and sulphuric acid (Brazil) as by-products. In Colombia, one of the two projects underway, Quebradona, will produce both gold and copper.
Mineral Resource (gold)
Mineral Resource (copper)
AGA Mineração, Brazil
AGA Mineração, in the state of Minas Gerais, comprises the Cuiabá complex and the Córrego do Sítio mining operation and the Cuiabá and Queroz gold plants.
Cerro Vanguardia, Argentina
Located in the province of Santa Cruz, Cerro Vanguardia operates multiple small open pits with high stripping ratios and multiple narrow-vein underground mines that produce gold with silver as a by-product.
Denver Office, Colorado
AngloGold Ashanti North America
4601 DTC Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80237
Geita, one of AngloGold Ashanti’s flagship mines, is located in north-western Tanzania, in the Lake Victoria goldfields of the Mwanza region, about 120km from Mwanza and 4km west of the town of Geita.
The Gramalote project, a joint venture between AngloGold Ashanti (50%) and B2Gold (50%), is located near the towns of Providencia and San Jose del Nus within the municipality of San Roque, in the northwest of the Department of Antioquia.
Head office, Johannesburg
AngloGold Ashanti's corporate offices are in Johannesburg
Tel: + 27 (0) 11 637 6000
112 Oxford Road,
Iduapriem, an open-pit mine comprising the Iduapriem and Teberebie properties and the Ajopa South West concession, is located in the western region of Ghana.
Kibali, one of the largest gold mines of its kind in Africa, is situated in the DRC, adjacent to the town of Doko and 210km from Arua on the Ugandan border.
La Colosa, Colombia
The La Colosa project is located approximately 150km west of Bogota Colombia in Tolima Department. The project is 100% owned and managed by AngloGold Ashanti and has been voluntarily suspended, since 2017, due to force majeure recognised by the national mining authority.
Obuasi, an underground operation mining to a depth of 1,500m, is located in the Ashanti region, approximately 60km south of Kumasi.
Perth Office, Australia
140 St George’s Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
(PO Box Z5046, Perth WA 6831)
The Quebradona project is situated in the Middle Cáuca region of Colombia, in the Department of Antioquia, 60km southwest of Medellín within the Municipality of Jericó. The project is 100% owned and managed by AngloGold Ashanti.
Serra Grande, Brazil
Serra Grande, comprising three underground mines and an open-pit, is located in central Brazil in the state of Goiás, about 5km from the city of Crixás.
Siguiri is a multiple open pit gold mine in the relatively remote district of Siguiri, around 850km northeast of the country’s capital, Conakry.
Sunrise Dam, Australia
Sunrise Dam is an underground and open pit operation located 220km northeast of Kalgoorlie and 55km south of Laverton.