Occupational safety and health
Key issues at a glance
- Reducing accidents at work and, in particular, eliminating fatal injuries.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate risk management strategies.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate disaster management and recovery programmes.
- Implementing and maintaining OHSAS18001 at all operations.
- Ensuring that comprehensive occupational health management programmes are in place at all operations and that, in South Africa, we at least meet industry targets in:
- reducing incidence of noise-induced hearing loss;
- reducing incidence of occupational lung disease; and
- reducing incidence of TB and managing the disease in line with World Health Organization (WHO) standards.
AngloGold Ashanti Annual Report 2007 – Report to Society