Objectives for 2008
The following objectives have been set for 2008:
- To increase VCT uptake at all African operations and to achieve an 80% uptake at all business units in South Africa.
- To recruit and train additional peer educators and to achieve a rate of one peer educator per 50 employees in South Africa.
- To increase the ratio of employees registered at the Wellness Clinics to at least 60% of those estimated to be infected with HIV.
- To increase the ratio of employees on ART to at least 90% of those in whom it is clinically indicated.
- To implement integrated malaria control programmes at Geita, Siguiri and Iduapriem
- To achieve further reduction in malaria incidence at Obuasi and Sadiola/Yatela.
Malaria programme, Obuasi, Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti Annual Report 2007 – Report to Society