Living our values
AngloGold Ashanti is committed to working in an environmentally responsible way. One of our core values relates to our relationships with and the impact we have on communities in which we do business, namely:
We strive to form partnerships with host communities, sharing their environments, traditions and values. We want communities to be better off for AngloGold Ashanti having been there.
AngloGold Ashanti and the environment
- We recognise that the long-term sustainability of our business is dependent upon good stewardship in both the protection of the environment and the efficient management of the exploration and extraction of mineral resources.
- We will comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and requirements.
- We are committed to establishing and maintaining management systems to identify, monitor and control the environmental aspects of our activities.
- We will ensure that financial resources are available to meet our reclamation and environmental obligations.
- We will ensure that our employees and contractors are aware of this policy as well as their relevant responsibilities.
- We will conduct audits to evaluate the effectiveness of our environmental management systems.
- We are committed to communicating and consulting with interested and affected parties on environmental aspects of our activities and to making this policy available to the public.
- We will work to continually improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution from our operations.
- We will participate in debate on environmental matters at international, national and local levels.
AngloGold Ashanti Annual Report 2007 – Report to Society