Key issues at a glance
- Continued development and implementation of community relations and social development management systems.
- Implementation and observance of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
- Engaging with communities and other interested parties in jointly addressing and resolving issues, including legacy issues.
- Ensuring that any resettlement undertaken is carried out in accordance with company policy.
- Understanding and managing relationships with artisanal and small-scale miners, within the bounds of country-specific legislation.
- Ensuring sustainable local economic development in the areas in which we operate.
Community project, Iduapriem, Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti Annual Report 2007 – Report to Society