AngloGold Ashanti and the environment
- We recognise that the long-term sustainability of our business is dependent upon good stewardship in both the protection of the environment and the efficient management of the exploration and extraction of mineral resources.
- We will comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and requirements.
- We are committed to establishing and maintaining management systems
to identify, monitor and control the environmental aspects of our activities.
- The company will ensure that financial resources are available to meet its reclamation and environmental obligations.
- The company will ensure that its employees and contractors are
aware of this policy as well as their relevant responsibilities.
- We will conduct audits to evaluate the effectiveness of our environmental management systems.
- We are committed to communicating and consulting with interested and affected parties on environmental aspects of our activities.
- We will work to continually improve our environmental performance.
- The company will participate in debate on environmental matters at international, national and local levels.