In our opinion, Selected Data marked in the Report to Society 2004 with this symbol adequately reflect AngloGold Ashanti's performance in all material respects.
1 Business principle:
AngloGold Ashanti as an employer - labour practices
- AngloGold Ashanti is committed to upholding the Fundamental Rights Conventions of the
International Labour Organization. Accordingly, we seek to ensure the implementation of fair
employment practices by prohibiting forced, compulsory or child labour.
- AngloGold Ashanti is committed to creating workplaces free of harassment and
- As an international company, we face different challenges in different countries with regard to, for example, offering opportunities to citizens who may not have enjoyed
equal opportunities in the past. In such cases, the company is committed to addressing the challenge in a manner appropriate to the local circumstances.
- We will seek to understand the different cultural dynamics in host communities and adapt work practices to accommodate this where doing so is possible and compatible with the principles expressed in this document.
- The company will promote the development of a work force that reflects the international and local
diversity of the organisation.
- The company will provide all employees with the opportunity to participate in
training that will improve their workplace competency.
- The company is committed to ensuring that every employee has the opportunity to become
numerate and functionally literate in the language of the workplace.
- The company is committed to developing motivated, competent and experienced
teams of employees through appropriate recruitment, retention and development initiatives. An emphasis is placed on the identification of potential talent, mentoring and personal development planning.
- Remuneration systems will reward both individual and team effort in a meaningful way.
- Guided by local circumstances, we shall continue to work together with stakeholders to ensure minimum standards for company-provided
- The company assures access to affordable health care for employees and where possible, for their families.
- We are committed to prompt and supportive action in response to any major
health threats in the regions in which we operate.