Key features 2005
Key features - Financial
- 2005 average dollar gold spot price of $445 per ounce, 9% higher than 2004.
- 2005 received gold price increased by 11% to $439 per ounce.
- Adjusted gross profit up by 6% to $469 million.
- Capital expenditure up by 23% to $722 million.
- Adjusted headline earnings down by 26% to $200 million.
- Total dividend for the year of R2.32 per share, or $0.36 per ADS.
Key features - Operational
- Gold production up 6% to 6.2 million ounces reflecting the inclusion of the full year's production from the former Ashanti mines.
- Total cash costs rose 6% to $281 per ounce mainly due to inflation and strong operating currencies.
- Ore Reserves down 20% to 63 million ounces and Mineral Resources 19% lower at 176 million ounces as at the end of December 2005.