AngloGold Ashanti in Argentina


+54 2962 454 085
San Martin 1032,
Puerto San Julian,
Santa Cruz, 9310

 

 Image Galleries

 


 

 Americas Region

 

AngloGold Ashanti has a 92.5% stake in Cerro Vanguardia, the company’s sole operation in Argentina, with Fomicruz (the province of Santa Cruz) owning the remaining 7.5%. Located to the northwest of Puerto San Julián in the province of Santa Cruz, Cerro Vanguardia consists of multiple small open pits with high stripping ratios. Shallow underground mining began in 2010 to access high-grade material and accounts for about 19% of production. The orebodies comprise a series of hydrothermal vein deposits containing gold and large quantities of silver, produced as a by-product. The metallurgical plant has a daily capacity of 3,000t and includes a cyanide recovery facility.

Download the full Argentina fact sheet for more: AngloGold Ashanti in Argentina

Visit the AngloGold Ashanti Argentina website