Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, AngloGold Ashanti has 20 gold mining operations in 10 countries, as well as several exploration programmes in both the established and new gold producing regions of the world.
AngloGold Ashanti produced 4.4Moz of gold in 2014, generating $5.2bn in gold income, utilising $1.21bn capital expenditure. AngloGold Ashanti has an attributable Ore Reserve of 57.5Moz of gold and an attributable Mineral Resource of 232.0Moz
Our five key business objectives - Supporting our core strategy…
- Focus on people, safety and sustainability: our business must operate according to our values if it is to remain sustainable in the long term.
- Optimise overhead, costs and capital expenditure: all spending decisions must be checked and double checked to ensure they are necessary to fulfil our core business objective.
- Improve portfolio quality: we have a portfolio of assets that must be actively managed as we strive for a competitive valuation as a business.
- Ensure financial flexibility: the balance sheet is the foundation of our company and we must ensure it always remains able to meet our core funding needs.
- Maintain long-term optionality: while we are focused on ensuring the most efficient day-to-day operation of our business we must keep an eye on creating a competitive pipeline of long-term opportunities