Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, AngloGold Ashanti has a globally diverse, world-class portfolio of operations and projects. AngloGold Ashanti is the third-largest gold mining company in the world, measured by production. It has 17 mines gold mines in 9 countries, as well as several exploration programmes in both the established and new gold producing regions of the world.
AngloGold Ashanti produced 3.628Moz of gold in 2016, generating $4.08bn in gold income, utilising $811m capital expenditure. AngloGold Ashanti has an attributable Ore Reserve of 50.1Moz of gold and an attributable Mineral Resource of 214.7Moz.
Our five key business objectives - Supporting our core strategy…
- Focus on people, safety and sustainability: our business must operate according to our values if it is to remain sustainable in the long term.
- Optimise overhead, costs and capital expenditure: all spending decisions must be checked and double checked to ensure they are necessary to fulfil our core business objective.
- Improve portfolio quality: we have a portfolio of assets that must be actively managed as we strive for a competitive valuation as a business.
- Ensure financial flexibility: the balance sheet is the foundation of our company and we must ensure it always remains able to meet our core funding needs.
- Maintain long-term optionality: while we are focused on ensuring the most efficient day-to-day operation of our business we must keep an eye on creating a competitive pipeline of long-term opportunities