- AngloGold Ashanti is committed to upholding the Fundamental Rights Conventions of the ILO. Accordingly, we seek to ensure the implementation of fair employment practices by prohibiting forced, compulsory or child labour.
- AngloGold Ashanti is committed to creating workplaces free of harassment and unfair discrimination.
- As an international company, we face different challenges in different countries with regard to, for example, offering opportunities to citizens who may not have enjoyed equal opportunities in the past. In such cases, the company is committed to addressing the challenge in a manner appropriate to the local circumstances.
- We will seek to understand the different cultural dynamics in host communities and adapt work practices to accommodate this where doing so is possible and compatible with the principles expressed in this document.
- The company will promote the development of a work force that reflects the international and local diversity of the organisation.
- The company will provide all employees with the opportunity to participate in training that will improve their workplace competency.
- The company is committed to ensuring that every employee has the opportunity to become numerate and functionally literate in the language of the workplace.
- The company is committed to developing motivated, competent and experienced teams of employees through appropriate recruitment, retention and development initiatives. An emphasis is placed on the identification of potential talent, mentoring and personal development planning.
- Remuneration systems will reward both individual and team effort in a meaningful way.
- Guided by local circumstances, we shall continue to work together with stakeholders to ensure minimum standards for company-provided accommodation.
- The company assures access to affordable health care for employees and where possible, for their families.
- We are committed to prompt and supportive action in response to any major health threats in the regions in which we operate.